Saturday, May 5, 2018

Lydia is finished....

Welcome dear needlefolk friends!

I was not familiar with the term "Staycation" until 
recently, and that is what I've been up to
for the entire month of April!

And what exactly is a
"Staycation"...

"a vacation spent at home or nearby"

During this time I'm happy to say that
the antique reproduction sampler I've been working
on is FINALLY ready to reveal...

Lydia Barnes Pidgeon 1827
©2018 Scattered Seed Samplers


And here in its full glory, 
(this 191 year old sampler) has triple borders, 
a lovely verse, many floral motifs, bird, trees, and a fabulous
fenced in "Stag" on a hill, ending with a provenance 
line that reads...

Lydia Barnes Pidgeon work'd this sampler 
when nine years old 1827

Lydia grew up in the United Kingdom,
living at 19 Upper Kings Street, Bloomsbury, London, England

She stitched her sampler at the age of 9 in 1827,
and died at 39 years old.

Born December 29, 1818
Died October 24, 1857


I didn't have an antique frame that would fit, 
so I ordered a custom frame from our local Hobby Lobby Store.

The frame is stamped made in "Italy", 
with an added gilded fillet...very happy with it!


The verse reads...

Wisdom is attained by the exertion of your intellectual power by
the lessons of intelligent tutors by the instruction and conduct of
worthy parents by the perusal of the best authors, and by
attendance on public worship and by copying the example of Jesus
who increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with 
God and man _____________________________________


This antique reproduction sampler pattern is 
now available through my Etsy Shop,
for the direct link click HERE

🦌🦌🦌

Now that my staycation is all over,
my blogging will be back in full swing 
with lots of new things to share
with you!


Soul Food...

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature,
and in favour with God and man."

Luke 2:52...kjv

🦌🦌🦌

Wishing you a perfect weekend filled with peace for your soul!

Kindly, Tammy

13 comments:

  1. I love this one!
    The colors are just beautiful!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sampler! I love the colors and elements. She will be added to many a stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Wonderful with the triple borders, the flower baskets, and the stag on the hill! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy: WE have missed you but are happy you had some time to yourself.
    Love the new design, it is a beauty.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my friend! Truth is I worked harder while on vacation than when I'm not, very productive and finished up lots of unfinished projects...ready to start new ones!

      Delete
  5. I’m so glad you had a wonderful staycation, Tammy. The sampler is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for leaving me a message...always appreciated! :)

      Delete
  6. wow !!! beautiful and so lovely work :) i really like your good idea so much.Thank for sharing.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete