Thursday, March 21, 2019

Spring has Sprung!

Welcome dear needlefolk friends!

Yesterday, 
I planned on posting a new pattern,
but because it was also my birthday, too many 
surprises caught me off guard!

So today is the day to share 
the new pattern, here is a sneak peek...

"Spring Delivery"
©2019 Scattered Seed Samplers

Model is stitched on 32ct WDW "Straw" linen,
using overdyed thread.

This is a "Companion Sampler" to last year's spring release...
"Spring Gathering" C2018

Here they are side by side...
With my birthday falling on the first day of Spring,
growing up my mom loved calling me; "her little Chickity"!

This was my inspiration for these two companion 
Springtime Samplers!

Available through Etsy...

"Spring Gathering" 2018 ... Click HERE
"Spring Delivery" 2019....  Click HERE

❖❖❖

"Birds of a Feather" Handworke Club Update...

Sorry for the delay in announcing the club's 
antique gift giveaway!

Selected from my personal collection of antique 
sewing goods, here is the chosen gift...

Congratulations to..
Victoria Thornbury, North Carolina

Lusterware, Japan
Yellow Bird Pinkeep
circa 1920

Lusterware is typically from Japan,
and will usually have a makers mark located
either on the bottom or backside as shown above.

Lusterware can also be from Occupied Japan,
and Germany.

πŸ•ŠπŸ•ŠπŸ•Š

Sharing some wintertime photos, 
before deleting them off my phone...
(rural Melrose, Wisconsin)


"The Duck Pond"
Villa Louis, Prairie Du Chien, Wisconsin

❖❖❖

Winter Bird Cottages...
Our old mailbox, cut in half, and converted into these
 "Bird Cottages"...outside my Studio door!

❖❖❖

Soul Food...

But he that is of a merry heart hath a 
continual feast.

Proverbs 15:15...kjv

❖❖❖

This country girl is excited for spring walks outside, 
goodbye treadmill...until next winter!

Also, love waking up to the songs of
Robins and Mourning Doves outside my 
bedroom window!

Hope you too can enjoy the sights and sounds
of this wonderful Springtime!

Kindly, Tammy


23 comments:

  1. What sweet patterns and love your mother’s name for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love your new pattern! And how it pairs with last year's release! Now I need to purchase and stitch them both!!!
    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! We share the day 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Birthday!!
    Spring Delivery is a pretty stitch to go with Spring Gathering, so cute.
    Great pics, love the Windmills.
    Let's hope Spring is here to stay in WI!
    Have a great weekend.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn, thank you so much for the birthday wishes!

      Delete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday You're new designs is very cute
    Linda m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday:)) It was my birthday too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Tammy,
    Belated Birthday greetings from the very happy winner of the lusterware bird pinkeep. I love antique/vintage sewing smalls so I am thrilled to add this sweet bird to my collection. And it’s my birthday next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, I'm so happy to know the "little yellow bird" will have a good new home! Happy birthday wishes to you too!

      Delete
  8. Tammy: This is such a sweet post.
    Your new design is beautiful, I love the pipe is the Papa's mouth the baskets with eggs and chicks is adorable.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine, thank you so much for the nice message!

      Delete
  9. STOP worrying about your body, but START sorry to your body.
    WE_nnerS Cigarette Case Solid Rosewood Natural Brown Wood Color Handy Size Smoker Gift
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MWZTPDD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I antique (spray) one of your kit items after it has already been made into a stand-up pinkeep?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. vladimir vrbaski republika

    ReplyDelete