Monday, December 1, 2014

~ Welcome December ~

Hello dear friends, and welcome to 

*D*E*C*E*M*B*E*R 1st!

~ Studio News ~

I'm very happy to say that my new sampler is all stitched 
and framed, and I'll be releasing it later this
week.

Until then I'll share a sneak peek....


I'll be revealing this sampler on Friday at which time
I'll share the special meaning it holds in 
my heart.  ~♥~

Planning ahead to next year I would like to include 
Punchneedle in my line of patterns.

I'm now the proud owner of a wonderful HookinPunch frame
by my special friend Lori & her husband Peter from
Notforgotten Farm.....


In the past I was using the hoop method, but watching Lori's
relaxed method sold me on investing in one of their 
incredible user friendly frames!


I can hardly wait to find some time to give it a try!


I have a spring sketch all drawn up and I'll give you updates 
as soon as I get started.


My order even came with a Notforgotten Farm tote bag to 
store my frame in....LOVE IT!!

****

There is a new rabbit friend that has come to live at Scattered Seed Samplers.

Just a little fellow, but reminds me so much of my 
large iron rabbit.....


Their sitting pose is so similar!


When this little fellow arrived its original glass eyes were missing
out of the sockets, but was happy to find in my stash of 
German glass eyes a pair small enough to fit....yeah!



I love the way the ears are pointed forward.


Sometime on a rainy day I'd like to share my story behind why I 
have a passion for Rabbits.



Perhaps this Spring I'll share my sad story, that now through
needle & thread has some closure and a happy
ending.

****

Remember to check back on Friday when I'll
be introducing a VERY special lady in my new
sampler!


*****

While on a weekend drive we passed through the 
very small town of Mather Wisconsin.

Check out this special little post office....


~ U.S. Post Office of Mather, Wisc. 54641 ~
This is what the sign reads on the front of this log building.

It was a wonderful Wintery drive....



Lots of fresh snow!


A very heavy snow...making the branches bow down!


 This is my favorite picture from the drive!

~ Weekly Soul Food ~

I love them that love me;
and those that seek me early
shall find me.

~ Proverbs 8:17...KJV ~

*******

Yesterday was another victory for our Greenbay Packers,
we played in Lambeau Field, Greenbay, Wisconsin against
the New England Patriots.

~ Final Score ~

Packers ~ 26
Patriots ~ 21

This was a great game to watch!

******

Enjoy a wonderful week!

Many Blessings from Scattered Seed Samplers,
~ Kindly Tammy ~


5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful frame, lucky you.
    Love the rabbits they are so sweet.
    I look forward to your reveal soon.
    Ww have snow but not as pretty as yours.

    Happy Holidays.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see this sampler....looking gorgeous so far! What beautiful pictures you have shared. Blessings for a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been contemplating purchasing one of Lori's frames. Let us know how you like it once put to use? I covet that long legged rabbit of of yours, he is truly special. Got a fabulous rabbit of my own this past weekend. I will post on him next week. Happy stitches to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so happy that you are pleased with your new frame Tammy! I cannot wait to see what you create with it :)
    L

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog through Lori Brechlin's blog and am delighted to find you. Although I do not have Lori's frame (I bought old one from ebay) I decided to watch Lori's YouTube video instructions along with another excellent video on needle punch by Ronda Tedder (she helped the most). I was using a Morgan Locking Hoop and having a lot of frustration with punch needle partly because I was so new at it. Well Saturday after watching Ronda's, Brenda Gervais's, and Lori's, I decided to use my rug hooking frame and with Ronda's and Lori's techniques (after watching both of them 3 times!). I could not believe how much easier it was!!! Absolutely love using my rug hooking frame (may have to update to Lori's at some point) and can't tell you how much faster the punching is and how much nicer it looks. Have a punching good time!

    ReplyDelete