Monday, December 8, 2014

~ Winter Gatherings ~

Welcome to the beginning of a fresh new week!

I'm in the process of re~organizing my
daily routine.....from night owl to early bird!

For years its been my bad habit of sitting down to stitch 
in the evening and not wanting to stop....so we 
usually get to bed somewhere between
11:30 p.m. ~ 1:00 a.m.,
which meant usually getting up at 7:30 a.m.

BUT

I've decided this NEEDED to CHANGE!

This past week I've faithfully been in bed
before 10:00 p.m. & up before 6:00......I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

*****

~ Studio News ~

I would like to extend a big thank you for the lovely
response to my new pattern that was released on Friday....



Mary Mustardseed ©2014 Scattered Seed Samplers

For all of those who placed an order,
your package will be shipped 
today on Monday :)

***

Have you ever taken a close look at what birds use
to build their nests?  


Here is a close~up of some old discarded nests.

Upon a close examination you'll see some large twigs,
small twigs, a few feathers, and some 
different colored thread fibers....courtesy of stitching snippets!


I never throw away any snippets or scrap threads, I save
them up all year long and in the Spring I scatter them 
outside where my feathered friends will find them.

Looks like a few of my threads found their way into these 
old nests :)

***

Many of you may remember the special mama Robin who
built her nest on my back porch this past spring.

Well I've decided to make a special little Christmas tree
 decoration in memory of her and her babies.....


 First I gathered a nice dried branch,
Mama Robin's ORIGINAL nest....just as she left it!
 My dear mother~in~law Ruth made the wooden Robin stake.


Can you tell my mind SEEMS like it's more on SPRING?


Then the branch was placed into one of my Grandma's
old creamery milk cans from her farm, the nest 
was then carefully nestled into the branch,
and finally the little wooden Robin was added.

BUT

 On Friday I'll share the finished
 little stitching tree for the Studio all decorated!

***

On Sunday I told my husband I needed a break,
 and that I wanted to go to my favorite shop in Tomah, Wisconsin....


~ The Market Place ~


Looks can be deceiving, from the outside you'd never believe
the beautiful old woodwork throughout this big old house!


Check out the outstanding old archway,  and beautiful old 
trim work above all the windows and doorways!


Love the little tree placed into the antique potty!


Wish to could hear the lovely music the shop owner plays, 
and the wonderful holiday scents in the air.


This old house has 11 large rooms & 5 closets filled with primitives,
antiques, woven cloths and gifts!

I've NEVER gone home empty handed, here are a 
 few of the goodies I found.....


~ 31" long knitted stocking ~


Once home I dug through my stash of old sock stretchers,
and found a perfect fit!


Now, I just need to tuck in some greenery.

I've had my eye open hoping to find a nice old dough bowl....


I instantly fell in love with this one!


Plus, I found a sweet little pair of child size socks, 
and some old crocheted lace edging....now my 
mind is focused on Christmas Decorating!


My eyes are totally trained to be on the constant outlook for
old frames....I'll have to design something just to fit
this one of a kind treasure.

***

Which makes me think about the plans I have going on in 
my head right now, about getting caught up so I 
can get started on my next project.

The next event coming up is 

♥ VALENTINES  DAY ♥

*****

~ Weekly Soul Food ~

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not,
neither do they reap, nor gather into barns;
yet your heavenly Father feedeth them.
Are ye not much better than they?

~ Matthew 6:26...KJV ~

*****

How is your Christmas decorating coming?
Until Friday, country blessing too all!

Stay warm & toasty,
~ Kindly, Tammy ~





1 comment:

  1. Mary Mustardseed is so pretty.
    Love the abandoned nests.
    I also throw out my dryer lint in the Winter for warmth. :)
    We've had huge Blue-Jays coming here for peanuts.
    You found some great treasures.
    That shop looks like my kind of shop!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete