Saturday, June 23, 2018

In the works...

Welcome dear needlefolk friends!

Hope everyone is enjoying the warmer weather.

Here in Wisconsin we've been bouncing back and forth
with extreme weather, one week it's hotter than hades,
 the next week we're wearing sweaters, and lots
of rain mixed in between!

O well, it is what it is...I keep myself very
busy no matter what the weather!

Sharing with you today is a snippet of an antique sampler in the works...
This early 19th century Adam & Eve sampler was stitched
by a little girl back in January of 1837.

The origin of this sampler is the United Kingdom, 
and considering that it is 181 years old, 
I must say it was a true labor of love
to finally finish charting it!

Then began the search for just the perfect linen,
which included a special trip to Madison.

The chosen linen is ~
36ct Dixie Sampler "Apple Butter" linen

This linen is gorgeous and has just the perfect
old warm tone that matches the linen of the antique 
sampler so well...very pleased!

The chosen thread is Weeks Dye Works overdye's...fabulous match!

The meandering carnation border is all finished and
now the fun stitching begins...lots of lovely motifs,
which include birds on fruit branches, Tree of Knowledge,
complete with entwined serpent with Adam & Eve standing 
beneath its fruit laden branches, each figure has a Pomegranate
motif to their side with floral urns above each, an awesome
verse, and provenance details. 


Just beginning to stitch the provenance details,
will be sharing frequent progress updates!

My little photo props are antique Polish needle cases gifted
 to me many years ago from my dearest Mother in law Ruth Black.

🐍🐍🐍

Spring flying lessons here on the farm...
My Studio is surrounded by several different families of nesting birds.
Spied this little fella in the grass just outside my door!

🐦🐦🐦


Evidence of busy activity in one of my larger birdhouses...
Wasps had taken over my favorite birdhouse, 
this explains why I haven't seen any bird activity!

🐦🐦🐦

Good News...

Scattered Seed Samplers Farm Shop/Studio 
 will be re~opening on

SATURDAYS 11:00 ~ 3:00
STARTING NEXT SATURDAY, JUNE 30th

We are located at ~
W4253 County Road B,
West Salem, Wisconsin 

If Saturday's don't work for you, 
just call (608) 799~4418 to
schedule a different time!
(always happy to accommodate)

🐦🐦🐦

~ Soul Food ~

"Keep me as the apple of the eye,
hide me under the shadow of thy wings"

Psalms 17:8...kjv

🐦🐦🐦

Wishing you all a spectacular weekend!

Kindly, Tammy


4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love that Carnation border!
    This is going to be so pretty.
    Eeew, Wasps!
    The needlecases are a treasure, for sure.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds Fabulous and those colors of course I love Red♥️❗️ Looking forward to the final reveal...enjoy your Summer Tammy many blessings....LaNelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
    And i’m glad reading your article.
    But should remark on some general things, the web site style is perfect,
    the articles is really great : D. Good job…
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete