Sunday, April 27, 2014

~ Sabbath Day Samplar Stitching ~

Sunday's....my favorite day of the week.
For me, it's a day to worship, relax, reflect and 

S~T~I~T~C~H

Last year I started a new routine of  having
a special sampler that would
 only be stitched on
SUNDAYS & ROAD TRIPS.

Progress is slow, but I look so forward 
to the pleasant hours set aside for this special samplar.



"Hannah Carter ~ Circa 1748" by The Scarlet Letter
 My favorite needles are by John James in a size 28 petite. 
These needles have a shorter shaft, which makes
them very comfortable to hold, and you can
use almost all of your thread.  They also
come in bigger sizes and I sell these needles in my Etsy Shoppe.


~ Enjoying my new "Hare" scissors, antique tomato & needlecase ~


I love surrounding myself with lovely antique sewing
tools that I've been collecting for many years.

~ I'm stitching mine on 35ct Kansas City Blend Linen by R & R
The stitch count is 440W by 460H ~


I do my own framing, so I've already started the search
for just the right size antique frame.

~ I'm using silk thread "Soie d' Alger" by "Au Ver A Soie" ~

~ I find it so relaxing filling large areas ~

~ Old sewing shelf in my bedroom sewing nook ~


You can see the old farmhouse wallpaper that covers
my bedroom.
~ I've had this self since I was a little girl ~


I'm working on cleaning up another old shelf to hang in the corner
above my sewing rocker.  I've never had a sewing nook
in my bedroom before, but I'm having fun working
on this little project.  I will show you complete
pictures of my new little nook when I'm all done.
~ A few of my favorite things ~


It's raining here today....but here are a few pictures from a couple
of days ago when the sun was shining bright!
~ My son Samuel bought me this awesome sign ~
~ My garden rabbit's are getting excited about spring ~
~ I do love rabbits! ~


Hope you are enjoying a lovely day in your 
corner of the world.  As for me I must
go now, to enjoy some coffee &  stitching :)

Until tomorrow...Have a lovely Lord's day.

Kindly, Tammy










No comments:

Post a Comment