Friday, November 14, 2014

~ Feeding Feathered Friends ~

Hello and welcome to Friday in Wisconsin.
Another busy week has come and gone!

We are anxiously awaiting the news of our second
grandchild!

Our oldest son Nathan, daughter~in~law Becca, and 
three year old granddaughter Rachel who now 
live in California are expecting a new 
baby any day!

Becca's due date is November 18th!
They know it's going to be a boy, but are still
trying to agree on just the right name!

Can't wait to hear what they finally choose!

*******

For today I'm going to share another one of my antique
metal animal pincushions....


~ Peaceful Lion~


I love the old patina especially on its face!


The pincushion is a dark olive green velvet packed with my
favorite traditional sawdust.

This is a nice size pincushion that measures 5" long.

*******

~ FEEDING FEATHERED FRIENDS ~

This is the time of year when I get all stocked up to start
feeding my feathered friends in a little fenced in 
winter bird garden that I've created....


This picture was taken LAST winter from out my upstairs 
bedroom window....I've added the special effect of 
falling snowflakes!


My old rusty barrel will hold two 50 pound sacks of 
birdseed.


Nice fresh seeds!


One year I forgot to take the scoop out of the bottom of the barrel
before filling it.....I haven't made that mistake again!


These 50 pound bags are pretty heavy so I usually ask my
son Sam to fill the barrel for me :)


Now I'm all set to start enjoying my feathered friends again!


If the Suet is on sale I always stock up and buy a full flat 
of 12 packages....the woodpeckers absolutely LOvE
this stuff!


From this angle you can see how rusty this old barrel is.
I use three clay pot feet to keep it off the cold 
concrete porch.

*******

Last Sunday on our drive home from Eau Claire we 
passed this pretty stained glass window all 
lit up....


This is a little country church that is surrounded by an
old cemetery.

 *******


This picture was taken in the parking lot of a local hardware
store.....an Amish man patiently waiting while his wife
loads up the car!

What a perfect looking Santa's beard!

*******

~ OUR FIRST SNOWFALL ~


Earlier this week we woke up to our first snowfall!


My rabbits look so quaint!


We didn't get a lot of snow, but just enough to remind us 
of what's to come!

*******

~ STUDIO NEWS ~


After releasing my winter pattern "Lady Rachel Ruth",
and my Christmas pattern "Joy to the World" (both available in 
my Etsy Shop) I'm now planning ahead to designs for
next year ~ 2015 ~.

I'm planning and sketching up designs for Valentine's Day, 
and SPRING (my favorite season)!

Before starting on Valentine's Day I think I'll 
do either a small sampler or pinkeep?

I've got so many ideas floating around in my head....hopefully
I'll have decided by next week :)

*******

~ WEEKEND SOUL FOOD ~

The words of the Lord are pure words:
as silver tried in a furnace of earth,
purified seven times.

~ Psalm 12:6...KJV ~

*******

Stay warm and toasty my friends.....take time to stitch!

Check back on Monday to see whats new at
Scattered Seed Samplers.

Country Blessings,
~ Kindly, Tammy ~


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on latest addition to your family. We tried feeding the birds--the squirrels about ate us out of house and home. Brrr cold temps in the south and I have more work to do in the garden. Love your designs keep those ideas flowing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures....and the added snow is great.

    ReplyDelete