Friday, July 3, 2015

~ Snaps of Summer ~

Hello friends, any specials plans for this
4th of July weekend?

I'm planning a nice quit holiday weekend 
at home...home is best! 



~ Studio News ~

I'm hoping to finish up the model for 
The Sheepish Needle Samplar Club
over the weekend.



I'd like to share a couple new finishing products...
It's always fun to discover great new products to add to my
supply cabinet!

Way better than the "School" bond sticks, these are 
extra strength "Craft" bond glue sticks.

~ permanent bond
~ photo safe
~ non~toxic
~ acid free

These are available at Wal~Mart and leading craft stores.

I love both the round and triangular design...5 stars *****



I'm proud to be an American and I love my
homeland of Wisconsin...it's truly a 
blessing to live in a land of the free!

4th of July blessings to all!




Here in the beautiful lush state of Wisconsin we have an old saying;
that corn will yield well if it is

"knee high by the 4th of July"


This old saying is dated back to 1854!


I don't think the farmers have a thing to worry about this year....

I was so disappointed that this picture of our neighbor's corn field
didn't turn out better. 

 That's a rabbit sitting there...I drew a circle around him!



~ Snaps of Summer ~ 

Wild road side Day Lilies.




I took these marshy photos just for my husband...Cattails.



Red Winged Blackbird...keeping an eye on my every move!
Probably keeping watch over a nest.


That was confirmed when the mate really started
squawking at me... 
The Red Winged Blackbird's are so noble looking with their bright colors!




Always lots of great things to see in the marsh.



Marigold's...one of my favorite summer flowers...

These Marigold's look like they're on steroids...huge!




Love the striking color contrast of this deep purple and bright green!



Fuschia...at its best!

Hydrangeas, always remind me of the old movie "It's a Wonderful Life", 
starring James Stewart and Donna Reed...the part where she's 
hiding in the Hydrangea bush....

So large and delicate all at the same time!




The white ones are my favorite.

Here are some dried ones from last year...
Adds a nice touch of color to the backporch of the farmhouse.




~ Weekend Soul Food ~

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation:
for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life,
which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

~ James 1:12...KJV ~

***

Hope you enjoy a safe and relaxing holiday weekend spent
with those near and dear to you!









2 comments:

  1. Very lovely flower snaps. Have a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your post very much. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete