Monday, February 15, 2016

As Time Goes By...

Welcome dear friends, hoping you enjoyed
a special Valentine's Day ~♥~

Saturday was very frustrating, I was looking for a very
specific fabric, but no such luck!

The search has a good ending,
I found something I like even better!

After being gone all day Saturday, I had planned on
  working Sunday, but things don't always turn
out as planned!

Instead, my Valentine insisted on me NOT working!
My special little flock of wood carved sheep that keep 
 me company in my cozy stitching alcove in the farmhouse.

I thought I would have the Humble Hare model
 ready to share today...but I do not!

Please bear with me!

~ ♥ ~

Right below my shelf of sheep sits my 7 drawer floor
cabinet that holds my silk threads...
Tucked away in the top drawer is my finished
Secret Sunday Sampler!


 The morning light was so lovely as I pulled the drawer open 
this morning, shining down on the back side...
It is patiently waiting to be pressed, framed and
released to my distributors...soon, I hope!

Patiently waiting in drawer two is another sampler
in the works!

~ ♥ ~


Sunday, my Valentine took me antiquing   
to some of my favorite shoppes...
Look what came home with me...vintage blue ticking!

So much NICER than the ticking that's
 available in today's market!


And a few other goodies that caught my eye...
Vintage sewing bag with wood handles...love these!



A sweet enamel ware bowl, and a lovely glass jar...
These will work perfect for organizing stash goodies!



I love pulling over to take pictures
 of unique buildings...
Isn't this awesome!  
I wonder what it's being used for?
Located between LaCrosse & Viroqua on Highway 14


And on the same country road was a vineyard...
Thought this was a neat way of storing fence posts!

~♥~


Every day this winter when feeding my birds,
I've been shelling one ear of field corn on the ground.

I'm not sure who eats it, but it's always gone the next day!

I've been saving all the corn silk... 
This will be a spring house warming gift to my 
sweet feather friends...hope they will use it when
 building their nests!


I've also been saving the shelled ears... 
I'll be using these later this coming fall!

~♥~

Weekly Soul Food...

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct they paths.

Proverbs 3:5~6...KJV

~♥~


Until next time, smile and be happy!

Kindly, Tammy

9 comments:

  1. Your Sunday Sampler has a nice back side! Lol. Ahh, silks! Love silks. I always enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful feast for the eyes! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great treasures you found, and what a cool-looking barn.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful treasures while antiquing !
    A simple basket of shelled ears of corn - looks so rustic and pretty.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post. Thank you for sharing. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. A successful outing after all. I just love a round barn. And so very well taken care of too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful treasures you found..... Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just lovely. I love seeing your pictures. I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You DID need to take the day off Tammy.... And look what treasures you found.... I love that old blue ticking.... Old textiles are hard to replace..... As always I look forward to the treasures you share with us.... You have wonderful collections!!!

    ReplyDelete