Monday, September 15, 2014

~ Studio Owls ~

Hello dear friends and needleworkers.

My weekend flew by way too quickly....how about you?

I did however find time to change my Studio window box
display as I promised on Friday's post.....


This is my collection of pottery Owls.  They all fit nicely in my 
Studio window box.


I just love the folkart style that our pottery friend gives to 
all his work.  

The potter is Dave Huebner from Dakota Stoneware in 
Bushnell, South Dakota.  I always special order either Owls or Crows
from him, his number is (605) 693-4589.


No two are ever alike....I think they're just a HQQT!


These two tall ones in the center measure approximately 
12-13 inches tall.


The smaller ones stand approximately 8-11 inches tall.


The 'A Stitch in Time' plate was made by artist Joel from
Wisconsin Pottery.

*******

Yesterday while my family and I were out on a Sunday
drive we passed this tree....


I had to LQQK twice....a loaded PEAR tree!  

This is something you don't see too often in the city.

  It brought back good memories of a big old Pear tree my 
Grandmother had on her farm.

*******

On Saturday while I was in my Studio working away, I kept
hearing this strange noise.  The loud WHOOSHING 
sound was this......


It was our friend again out in his hot air balloon!

My son Samuel was in the house when he heard it, and was
fast enough to get a couple quick videos.....


If you have your volume turned up you can hear Sam
say 'Hello in the Balloon', plus you can also 
hear that loud whooshing sound made 
by the balloon.

And here is the second little clip he got.....


It is really amazing how fast these balloons are actually
moving.


This all happened in less than a minute....and there it goes!

*******

Even though my weekend flew by, it was still very productive.....


On Friday night I worked for hours drawing up my sketch 
for my next sampler.

And on Saturday I got started with the charting.  I'm 
thinking of using overdyed cotton threads on 
this sampler.

I'll keep you posted with little updates over the next 
few weeks.

*******


I love how the antique paper graphs used to look!

*******

~ WEEKLY SOUL FOOD ~

Thou wilt keep him in perfect
peace, whose mind is stayed on thee:
because he 
trusteth in thee.

~ Isaiah 26:3....KJV ~

*******

Blessing from my Studio,
~ Kindly, Tammy ~


 

No comments:

Post a Comment