Monday, April 6, 2015

Faithful Friend ~ Tool Tray

Hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful
Easter weekend...I sure did!

After spending the morning finishing my new 
release, I'm finally ready to share....


~ "Faithful Friend" Tool Tray ~
©2015 Scattered Seed Samplers

This faithful friend was stitched on 
32 count Weeks Dye Works ~ Confederate Grey, 
using 1 strand of DMC over two linen threads.


To finish this little tool tray I used the original glass
that was in this old tin painted frame.

I'm not in the habit of using the glass, but I'm happy 
with how it turned out.

The only problem I ran into using the glass was 
trying to get a good photo without a reflection...I must have 
taken 50 photos before getting just the right lighting!

 
To turn your sampler into a tool tray you can use any
oval or square frame and simply drill two little
holes on each end to feed the ribbon through. 

 I then added a large 
  bone ring to serve as the handle.

Hope you like it?

This pattern is now available in my Etsy Shop ~


♦♦♦


Now that I'm all finished, I'm ready to move onto the 
designing of the first kit for the 

Humble Hare Handwork Club....COMING SOON!



With so many design ideas SPINNING around in my head
it makes deciding SO hard!

♦♦♦

What are your favorite smells of something baking?


I woke up Saturday morning to the smell of 
fresh baked homemade bread...so yummy!

Not only is my husband an early riser, he's  also 
a great cook and baker!

The smell of fresh baked bread always brings back
so many good memories of both my 
Grandmother's who loved to bake bread.

♦♦♦

Never enough rabbits...they sure keep my family and I
in stitches!


Our farm is just jumping with joyful rabbits everywhere!


This one looks so happy while eating away at the fresh
spring greens!



♦♦♦


~ Weekly Soul Food ~

In Christ alone my hope is found; He is my light, my strength, my song; this cornerstone, this solid ground, firm through the fiercest drought and storm.  What heights of love, what depths of peace, when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!  My comforter, my all in all ~ Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone, Who took on flesh, fullness of God in helpless babe!  This gift of love & righteousness, scorned by the ones He came to save.  Till on that cross as Jesus died, the wrath of God was satisfied; for ev'ry sin on Him was laid ~ Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay, light of the world by darkness slain; then bursting forth in glorious day, up from the grave He rose again! And as He stands in victory, sin's curse has lost its grip on me; for I am His and He is mine ~ bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death ~ this is the pow'r of Christ in me; from life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny.  No pow'r of hell, no scheme of man, can ever pluck me from His hand; till He returns or calls me home ~ Here in the pow'r of Christ I'll stand.  

~ IN CHRIST ALONE ~

~ Hymn by Keith & Kristyn Getty ~
(a young couple from Scottland)

This truly sums up the true meaning of Easter!  I wanted to 
post this on Easter Sunday, but decided to post it today :)

♦♦♦

Until Friday, enjoy a wonderful week in YOUR corner
of the world!

Spring Blessings,
Kindly, Tammy
  

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could reach through this screen and grab a loaf! Looks yummy! What a neat idea for a tray. Faithful Friend is cute, another one for my stash. Always nice to get a bunny visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy: What a beautiful poem, thank-you for sharing it with us.
    I love your new design, the framing is perfect.
    I take pictures with the night icon on my camera if I have anything that will have a reflection when a picture is taken,
    I have started on the Pinkeep, love this pattern and fabric.
    Oh yum I love fresh baked bread, the smell I like to wake up to is toast and coffee, reminds me of my late Father.

    Happy Spring
    Catherine

    P.S. it tried to snow last night here in mid Minn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I love to bake bread as well. I do it at least once a week. Fantastic smell. :)
    Thank you for today's post.
    The faithful friend is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new design Tammy, the smell of baking bread is such a delight!

    ReplyDelete