Friday, August 21, 2015

Birds of A Feather Flock Together

Welcome friends to a gorgeous Friday
in August!

Last week our temps at this time were hot and humid,
this week they are absolutely perfect in my book! 

It's great to have the windows open at night with a 
wonderful cool breeze coming in...great 
sleeping conditions!


Today's mail brought a package all the way  
 from Stockport, United Kingdom...


Always on the search for special tokens to include
with each of my club kits.



What a great Autumn bird for the
Little Sparrow kits that are scheduled to 
ship on September 20th!


Check out the line up of Barn Swallows just outside the 
Studio...chit chatting about the next club pinkeep!

Stay turned for further updates!


 Humble Hare Handwork Club...Update 

I've been as busy as a bee processing orders and 
shipping out club kits...


Kits shipped on both Thursday and Friday...so watch
your mailbox next week if you're a "hare~friend."


The Sheepish Needle Samplar Club...Update


My sincere apologies for not posting the 
tutorial for Moriah's Hand Fan today...please 
watch for it on Monday's post.


Have you seen this publication?


I thought this was a magazine, but after doing some research
discovered that it is actually a mail order catalog!

I would like to share a quick glimpse of its offerings...


Hooked pillows and rugs!




Wonderful line of books to choose from!




Candles & shelves




Furniture, baskets, canvas art, tin angels, dried flowers,
lamps, Americana, folk art, garden, and much more!

To request your free catalog, here is the direct link



While out walking by our pond a few days ago, I was so surprised
to see clusters of young pincones...


My family and I planted these Pine trees seventeen years ago, 
only a few survived!



I'm to tickled to see these wonderful clusters of cones!


Look at this camouflaged insect that 
 was hanging out in my Chives...


I have no ideas what it's called?


Sunflowers are starting to show off their splendor...


Love, love, love Sunflowers...they make me smile!



This time of year brings out some of the 
greatest colors...


Just look at these colorful clusters!


I love going for walks, especially this time of year,
there is always something sure to catch my eye...


Aren't these flowers and picket fence lovely!


~ Weekend Soul Food ~

Be Still, My Soul...Hymn from 1865

Verse 1

Be still, my soul; the Lord is on thy side;
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to thy God to order and provide:
In every change He faithful will remain.

Be still, my soul; thy best, thy heavenly, Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.


Until Monday, take care my friends!

Are the birds in your neighborhood starting to 
flock together?



4 comments:

  1. Such a colorful post so pretty...the charm is adorable. Have a terrific weekend. Blessings....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty post Tammy. Your little bird charms are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, the hooked pieces in the catalog are designed by a fellow Wisconsin girl. Cary Miller of Log Cabin Rugs in Waukisha ( I know I slaughtered the spelling so sound it out). Her shop is wonderful as is her beautiful saltbox period home. She has been designing pieces for a wholesale company called Home Spice Décor for years now. She may have done some of the applique pieces too. Krissy B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy,

    My Humble Hare project just came today and it is just gorgeous!!! The colors are so beautiful and the wee bunny with a floppy ear makes me smile. I also want to tell you how special you make me feel by always writing my name on your packaging. Wish we lived near one another so I could give you a hug!

    Love from Diane in North Carolina

    ReplyDelete