Friday, July 8, 2016

A Goode Foundation ~

Welcome dear needlefolk friends ~
are you enjoying the summer...for it passes 
so quickly!

There is a unique magic that occurs when 
you sit upon a porch...it is often looked
upon as being lazy!

Actually much good and valuable 
work is completed, as you give yourself
permission to leave the world behind.

Time is so quickly gobbled up and we forget
the importance of simply being ourselves.

Before stress relief was a prosperous 
industry...there was goode old porch sitting!

~::~::~

~ Lydia Barnes Pidgeon 1927 ~
Antique Sampler Reproduction 
Progress Update...


If only time would allow...I would
stitch all day long!!

However, I do thoroughly enjoy
each and every stitch I do find the time
to cross with great passion! 

I love working on this samplar so much,
it truly has "A Goode Foundation"...


The third border is all complete, 
moving onto the lovely motifs,
 saving the verse for last!

~::~::~

Upcoming Bee Samplar Update...


The chosen linen will be
Weeks Dye Works 36ct ~ Tin Roof

With limited time this week, 
I didn't get as far as I had hoped...still 
working on the design!

The stitch count will be 161W by 161H...
It will be finished into this 10" by 10" frame.

More updates to come!

~::~::~

Our wild Blackberries here on the farm
 are finally ready for picking...


The gnats can really take the 
fun out of berry picking...thank goodness
for bug spray!


Back at the farmhouse...it was worth
all the bug bites!

~::~::~

The lazy days of summer...


A ducks version of good old fashioned
porch sitting!

~::~::~

This is my all time favorite roadside barn...


I hope no one ever takes it down...that would 
make me so sad!

(Between Viroqua and Richland Center, Wisconsin)

~::~::~

My weekend plans revolve around getting as
many stitches crossed as I possibly can!


Hope you too will find lots of quality stitching time!

~::~::~

Weekend Soul Food...

In Search of consistency ~


My good intentions and desires do not always 
measure up!

I struggle with consistency in many areas of my life,
like when it come to eating healthy, and especially exercising!

Most importantly is my desire to give God first place in my
life and walk with Him daily, seeking His way...not mine!

I start out strong, but sadly...often fall short!

"For bodily exercise profiteth little: 
but godliness is profitable unto all things, 
having promise of the life that now is, 
and of that which is to come."

1 Timothy 4:8...KJV

~::~::~

Hoping YOU can enjoy some
quality "porch sitting" this weekend!

Fill your heart with goodness,
Tammy


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful sampler Tammy....I love porch sitting we should all do it more often it is so good for the soulšŸ˜...loving the hoops you have pictured thanks for sharing....blessingsg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... Tammy... I think we are kindred spirits! Will these charts be released or club pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Porch sitting is a wonderful way to pass the hours !
    Your black raspberries look divine !
    Love seeing your stitching progress.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Berries, ducks, barn, hoops, and one soon to be wonderful sampler. Enjoyed the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is right up my alley.
    I love big old houses with porches.
    You can even sit out in the rain!
    The Sampler is looking beautiful.
    And yes, the old barn is a keeper.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is one of my favorite pieces (and it isn't finished) The three borders are fabulous! Chiggers are equally bad to gnats--blueberries are in season here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ducks! I have the same weekend plans as you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lydia's sampler will be stunning! And I can't wait to see the Bee sampler.
    Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos. Your ducks are so cute and the blackberries look so yummy!
    I hope I'll find some time to stitch in my tiny garden. Summer finally arrived in France.

    Blessings
    Ghislaine
    PS : the cockatiels arrived yesterday. Thanks for this gorgeous kit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reading your words are always so soothing Tammy~ I am absolutely loving the snippets and peeks of your upcoming sampler design... My fingers will definitely be ready to go!

    ReplyDelete