Monday, July 4, 2016

Let Freedom Ring!

Welcome dear needlefolk friends...
hope you're enjoying a day of remembrance
in honor of Independence Day!

I have very fond memories of attending a 
Parochial School while growing up in 
Milwaukee, Wisconsin...to start the
school day our class would all stand
up beside their desk and recite 
"The Pledge of allegiance"...


"I pledge allegiance to the Flag 
of the United States of America, 
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one Nation under God, indivisible,
with liberty and justice for all."


I've always love the "Betsy Ross" Flag...such 
lovely Threads Through Time!


My country, 'tis of thee,
Sweet land of libery...of thee I sing!


Land where my fathers died, 
land of the pilgrims' pride, from
every mountainside...Let Freedom Ring!

~:::~

This week I'm excited to finally
spend some quality time starting my
upcoming "Bee Samplar"...


I have all sorts of fragmented thoughts floating
around in my head...I need to sort through
them and start the fun part of designing!

More updates to follow in the upcoming weeks!

~:::~

Antique sewing items for sale this week
on Ebay...

Offering from my personal sewing collection
is this sweet sewing basket!

The perfect size basket for chair side
sewing needfuls!  


The top is embellished with
glass beads, silk tassels, 
center pull ring (serves as opening handle)
brass coins laced with cording.

The inside and bottom of the basket are
green in color and measures 7" in diameter.
Click HERE to visit this basket auction!

~:::~

The second chosen item for this 
week's auction block is...
"A  Gilded Pilgrims Shoe" Pinkeep

It measures 5.5" long x 2.5" high x 1.5" wide...
a lovely chair side pinkeep for any sewing space!

The pinkeep is covered with dark red velvet
and is filled with sawdust.

Click HERE to visit this pinkeep auction!

~:::~

Guess what's starting to bloom?


While enjoying a walk on the farm yesterday,
I was happy to see the Purple Coneflower's are 
just starting bloom!  

~:::~

Weekly Soul Food...

God bless America,
land that I love; stand beside her,
and guide her, through the night,
with Thy light, from above.

From the mountains, to the prairies,
to the oceans white with foam,
God bless America, My home,
sweet home!

~:::~

I'll be sharing another update on
my antique Lydia samplar in
progress...soon!

~::~ Blessings from Scattered Seed Samplers ~::~
Kindly, Tammy



4 comments:

  1. We did the same thing at my parochial school ~ a long, long time ago...lol!
    Beautiful post.
    Happy 4th to you.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. They keep taking out the GOD in everything. I just found out the NFL will no longer sing the national anthem before games starting in 2017. This country is dying. It can not be without God and survive. Pretty soon they will no longer celebrate the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a beautiful blog post Tammy brought back fond memories....blessings my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. We said the Pledge of Allegiance every day at our PUBLIC school in West Allis. How sad that times have changed for the worse. God bless America!

    ReplyDelete