Friday, August 5, 2016

The Early Workbasket ~ Metal Pinkeeps

Welcome dear needlefolk friends ~
Time sure flies by quickly when your hands
are holding a needle and thread!

After many delightful hours of stitching on 
my soon to be released "Bee Samplar";
how about a little sneak peek...
This weekend I hope to finish up adding the final 
motifs and some small details!

I'm working the model
with AVAS silk thread on 
36ct. WDW "Tin Roof" linen.

With several good pattern titles,
I'm really having a hard time deciding 
which one to go with!

~::~

The Early Workbasket
(featured the first Friday of the month)

This month I'll be sharing my cabinet of 
all creatures great and small ~ metal pinkeeps!


This old secretary serves multiple purposes 
here in the Studio...  
This very tall secretary has a wonderful decorative top,
four nice display shelves, roll top desk with four drawers 
and divided storage area on the lower sides!

The craftsmanship is totally outstanding!

Now, for a peek inside...
Of all the different things I collect this is 
absolutely my favorite!


My rabbits are most near and dear to my heart...
Always room for one more!


Shelf number two...

Dogs, Cats, Turtles, Lions and Sheep!


Plus, some special Squirrels and Frogs!



Moving up to the third shelf...

Ducks, Swans and nesting birds!


Each one has such character!

Parrots, Seagull, Cockatoo and Owls!


Last, the top shelf...

Thread Wells, Pigs and Camels!


A pinkeep for every season!


This represents years and years of antiquing!

~::~

Weekend Soul Food...

"There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark,
the male and the female, as God had
commanded Noah."

Genesis 7:9...KJV

~::~

Blessings for wonderful weekend,
Tammy


10 comments:

  1. I love them, thanks for sharing. I am going to keep my eyes peeled for a little Scottie dog pin keep, I collect Scottie dogs. Again thanks for sharing and educating us on the different sewing antiques!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful collections thanks for sharing but the secretary is stunning so gorgeous 😍 Many blessings Tammy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous Secretary.
    You have quite a beautiful collection of Pinkeeps.
    Love the thread holders too.
    Thanks for sharing the pics.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing collection of gorgeous antiques you have. Quite the blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful collection! I collect metal shoe pinkeeps and metal baskets..now I just need a beautiful cabinet like yours to display them...have a blessed day, Tammy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! What an incredible collection! I am especially drawn to the rabbit keeps, as my maiden name in German translate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your posts. You have the most amazing collections. Your new sampler looks like it will be a beauty. God bless you and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a museum worthy collection. Wonderful!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cylinder top desk/bookcase is spectacular! I've been trying for years to figure out where I could squeeze one of those magnificent beauties into our already overcrowded home. Your collection of pincushions is amazing! And I love the tatted doily on the one shelf - I love to tat, and have recently started tatting with Sulky #50 quilting thread. Love tiny. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love the pig pincushions!

    ReplyDelete