Monday, March 16, 2015

~ Good Gadgets ~

~ Studio News ~

This is going to be a very busy, busy week!

Starting with today....happy to be back from the print shop!

Now, I get to have a coffee break and visit with all my friends for a spell :)

I'm very excited to have 'A Token of Spring' all 
published and in my hands....


I'm now on my home stretch, the rest of the week I'll be kitting,
bagging, printing shipping labels etc....hoping to finish
ahead of schedule!

The Little Sparrow Pinkeep Club has been a very rewarding
adventure for me...I love setting my own work 
deadlines!

♦♦♦

Do you love to add fun new gadgets to to sewing room?

Here are a couple I found over the weekend....


Clover's 5~in~1 sliding gauge ~ article no. 9506.


I found this cool gadget at my local Hancock Fabrics Store.

So excited about trying the lower end which works
 as a compass.  I'm hoping it will work for marking a 1/4" 
seam allowance on circles!

♦♦♦

Some of you may remember last year when I showed my
little drawer of Tim Holz distress ink pads and sponges.


This is a quick method for antiquing a finished sampler.
Simply dab a sponge randomly to the 
exact areas you want to distress.

Check out the great new gadget I'll be adding to my little drawer...


~ Coarse Sponge Dabber ~


This I found at Michael's....I love how it works!


It's so much fun to add a new gadget to a drawer!

♦♦♦

These next photos were taken by my son Sam, hope you enjoy
them as much as I did!


These pictures were all taken at La Crosse's Riverside Park, 
which borders the mighty Mississippi River.


The ducks are so peacefully drifting along with the chunks
of ice on the melting river.


It's always fun to watch ducks play in the water!


This one looks like it's on a real mission!
Maybe it's going the check out the piece of drift wood?


Wish you could hear all the squawking!


The two big steel bridges in the distance connect Wisconsin
to Minnesota. (La Crosse & La Crescent)


These little huts are called 'boat houses'.  You'll see them along
the bays...people eat, sleep, fish, relax all summer long
in these little boat houses!

Fabulous photos Sam....thanks a million!

♦♦♦


Did you have fun using a little hand knitter when you were
young?  

This is my little collection of five old painted ones...aren't they
special?

♦♦♦

~ Weekly Soul Food ~

But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap
also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully
shall reap also bountifully.

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, 
so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity:
for God loveth a cheerful giver.

~ 2 Corinthians 9:6-7...KJV ~

♦♦♦

When we meet again friends, it will be the 
First Day of Spring....Friday, March 20th.

Hip ~ Hip ~ Hooray!!

Kindly, Tammy
Scattered Seed Samplers



3 comments:

  1. Stay warm Tammy; any news on that ¨special" project??? C

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love those little knitters! I so wish I could find one here in my neck of the woods ~ I'll have to keep an eye out for one to use :)
    love your post today my sweet friend ~
    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy, I have Tim Holtz distress inks and I love them for when I want to make cards and tags look antiqued. Can you show something that you've distressed/antiqued with the ink?
    Thanks,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete