Monday, March 30, 2015

~ Itching to stitch ~

I'm sure it's not just me, but Monday's are 
definitely the busiest day of the week
for me....so many distractions that keep me
from doing what I had planned!

~ Studio News ~

It's now been weeks since I've last had a chance to stitch!
My 'itching to stitch' is now at a level of 
'dying to stitch'....


Trying to decide what color of linen to work on?
With so many luscious colors to choose from it can be 
very overwhelming!

I feel like doing one quick small project before I start
plans for the first Humble Hare Handwork Kit..... 


I'd like to do something small, fun, and stuffed with my new
dense organic raw cotton which is now available in my
Etsy Shopp.


Hopefully by Friday I'll have needle and thread 
back my hands!

♦♦♦

I love how the afternoon sunlight was spotlighting 
my Salem Stitchery Turtle...


Handmade by my hubby back in 2007, when I 
opened Salem Stitchery and Antiques.


I adore the little hillbilly hat that he carved for the head!


Lots of fun bright colors, so it would be eye catching for 
customers when they came into the shop.


Each little body part is pegged...even the tail!

Such a labour of love...I treasure every critter he has 
ever carved for me!

♦♦♦


On Sunday, we started out for a family drive in the country,
but ended up in the town of Winona, Minnesota...have 
you ever heard of Watkins products?


This is the original Watkins estate.


Such a beautiful red brick home!


Several blocks away from the Watkins estate you'll find
the Watkins factory and office buildings.


I love the brick Watkins factory tower....so cool!

♦♦♦

~ Weekly Soul Food ~

She looketh well to the ways of her household,
and eateth not the bread of idleness.

~ Proverbs 31:27...KJV ~

Oh, how I have always loved this passage, and as
needlewomen we don't have to worry about having idle hands...right!

Take care my dear friends, and have a wonderful week 
keeping your hands busy!

Spring Blessings from Scattered Seed Samplers,
Kindly, Tammy

3 comments:

  1. Oh my Tammy: Mr. Turtle is adorable, that hat is a hoot.
    I love stitching.
    I received your first Pinkeep today, I am thrilled, your care of packaging and choice of thread, fabric and coordinating fabric is perfect for this pattern.
    I will start stitching on it tomorrow.

    Happy Blessed Easter
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winona is such a beautiful city. It's been a while since I've been there but your pictures make me want to take a day trip soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH GEEEZ, Those little rabbits in the post beneath are just TOO much! How precious they are to a rabbit lover, antiques? Lucky you. I have itchy fingers for stitching too, but Spring cleaning has been my lot for the last 2 weeks. No idle hands here!

    ReplyDelete