Friday, March 6, 2015

~ Little Sparrow Pinkeep...Revealed ~

~ Studio News ~

I'm so excited to reveal the first pinkeep model for 

~ Little Sparrow Pinkeep Club ~

Hope you like it?  Are you ready?  Here it is....


~ A Token of Spring ~
Pinkeep Drum
 ©2015 Scattered Seed Samplers

This is the front motif of the drum ~ 

Mr. & Mrs. Sparrow
have been busy gathering twigs from near and far to 
build their humble nest for their little family!

***

This pinkeep drum will be a token for remembering your
birth year.

To the right of the birds nest you'll be able to 
personalize your pinkeep drum....


The kit will include a full alphabet & numbers 
exclusively designed, by me, using my favorite tall and thin font! 

My birthday is March 20th of 1961....very soon to be 54!!

Growing up my mother always called me; 'her little chickadee',
because my birthday is on the First Day of Spring! 

***

To the left of the birds nest you'll find this motif....


A little urn filled with springtime blooming flowers.


***

And the back seam is finished in 
Scattered Seed Samplers exclusive style....


Small motif stitched on both the left and right edges 
and when brought together create a special back seam.

This was designed to look like little nests!

***

Here's a top view showing the 19th century reproduction
 homespun fabric.....


Embellished with a couple of antique glass headed pins.

***


Last night I placed the pinkeep next to the carved bird my dear
husband made for my birthday many years ago!

***

 Kits are scheduled to ship on ~
The First Day of Spring ~ March 20th.

~ Please Note ~

I will be doing tutorials for each quarterly pinkeep, offering step by 
step instructions and tips to help make pinkeeping fun and
exciting!

These tutorials will be right here on my blog.

Everyone is welcome to join the fun, 
Little Sparrow Pinkeep Club Memberships
are sold through my Etsy Shop. 

 For all the club details 
please click onto the direct club listing below ~



The second pinkeep kit will be shipping on the 
First Day of Summer ~ June 21st.

***

I love cutting linen and fabric....


I've started cutting fabric for the kits, it's so much fun....can't wait
to finish cutting the rest over the weekend.

***

My back order on these sweet petite scissors finally arrived...


These are some of my FAVORITE little scissors...just LOVE them!

Here is the direct link to my Etsy listing ~


***

I'm so excited over new linen that was added to my
Studio Stash...


I can hardly wait to start my next design!


I'm really drawn to the two on top of the stack....gorgeous 
overdying! 

***

We had a furry little friend visiting outside our kitchen window...


A silly little squirrel all hunched over...trying to stay warm on
this very cold, WINDY winter day.

***

If you're a cat lover, you'll love this ....


I'm not sure which I like better; the beautiful cat OR 
the great idea for a cool cat lounge!

***


~ Wisconsin country road ~
from Samuel Black (my son)

***

~ Weekend Soul Food ~

(1)As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, 
so honor is not seemly for a fool.
(2)As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying,
so the curse causeless shall not come.

~ Proverbs 26:1-2...KJV ~

I like this NCV ~ New Century Version better ~

(2)Curses will not harm someone who is innocent;
they are like sparrows or swallows that fly around
and never land.

***

Stay warm my friends....please remember
our little feathered friends!

Kindly, Tammy

4 comments:

  1. Tammy, this is a beautiful little pin drum, very nicely done. But what I wanted to let you know is how much fun it is seeing your patterns all over the place. I went to Crystal Lake, Illinois this weekend for a Market Party at Welcome Stitchery and saw your stuff there, also saw them at Inspired Needle in Chicago, and then a third shop too. The people I was traveling with said they saw them in a shop in Phoenix. You are everywhere. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love the drum design! And your drum looks great. I'll need a tutorial to make a drum as I have one that is half stitched and the thought of making a drum terrifies me! The linen looks great. The cat lounge, such a great idea. I always enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely design with so much detail, I'm looking forward to being part of this club.

    ReplyDelete