Friday, October 9, 2015

Acorn Announcement ~

 Welcome friends...hope you all enjoyed
a wonderful week!

I know this is Friday, but it sure seems
like Monday to me...I was sick ALL week with a cold!

It's great to feel like myself again, and to 
 be back at work...I need to catch up on a lot of things!


Please meet some of my Studio Squirrels...


These are my three antique squirrel pinkeeps.

The squirrel holding a pine cone is a 
cold painted Austrian Vienna bronze.

The gold gilded squirrel came from the United Kingdom,
 I restored the pinkeep and fitted him
with a handmade acorn.

The small squirrel is from Germany,
and is Sterling Silver. 

Today, they would like to help me announce the 
winning name for the Acorn gift giveaway drawing...

I sincerely thank everyone for entering the drawing and
leaving such outstanding comments!

If your name was not drawn,
do not despair...I'll be doing another 
gift giveaway in November and December!

Congratulations to David Schump!


The Sheepish Needle Samplar Club update...

I love sheep faces like this one, long noises  
 and ears straight out to the sides!
(one of my local country side sheep models)

I fell a little behind schedule this week with
being sick...


I'm working on the hand finished seam now.

Over the weekend I'll be able to finish it up...

For the finishing I'll be using carded sheep wool.

Watch for the reveal on Monday's post!



I always love driving past this local farm, they have
so many nice old buildings.


Nice rolling hills in the back ground!


Especially love the old stone foundation!


~ Weekend Soul Food ~

Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;
though they be red like crimson,they shall be as wool.

Isaiah 1:18...KJV


The secret to being happy is showing kindness 
to others.

What can you do to make someone in your life 
happy today?

Enjoy your weekend my friends!
Kindly, Tammy


9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are on the mend. Wishing you a weekend filled with quality stitching time!
    Busy Hands...Happy Heart
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better, Tammy... I love your little squirerl pincushions..they are adorable! That farm is just beautiful...Wisconsin is such a gorgeous state..I hope to visit it again one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better, Tammy!!!! What a glorious trio of Squirrels. I am so glad they came by to share one of their acorns with me. I am beyond thrilled. I mean, I never win give-a-ways and to win this is such a treasure!!!! Your work is so exceptional and you are such a wonderful person. Once again, your work has made my heart sing! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to David! Glad you are feeling better. Gorgeous post. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to David, lucky guy.
    Love the tease you have going, I cannot wait to see it finished, please hurry giggles.
    I am working on my Harvest Waiting, Love it.
    Your squirrels are adorable, what a wonderful job adding a acorn to that gold squirrel.
    Saying prayers for your health, I hope you are feeling better.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Congratulations, David. I may not have won one of Tammi's but my squirrels left me four acorn "bottoms" of my very own last night on the back patio.

    I adore red barns, and your's with the stone foundation puts me in a happy place too. I'm glad your feeling better, Tammi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to hear you are feeling better.
    What a wonderful pincushion collection!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic David! Enjoy! Love the collection Tammy..so happy to hear you are able to enjoy this wonderful fall weather blessings my friend....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the winner! Ooh, white pumpkins in their natural settings. Stuffing with carded sheep's wool...hmm. Always looking for a better way to stuff pin keeps. Have not made my drum keep with your sawdust just yet, but after finding the perfect fabric for the fabric on top and bottom, this may be the weekend to do just that!

    ReplyDelete