Friday, October 2, 2015

Mr. Squirrel Dressed for Autumn

Welcome friends, hope your Friday 
was fabulous!

I'm dressed for Fall wearing a cozy sweater 
and as I type this my hands were so 
cold I needed to put on some fingerless gloves!

The Studio is so quiet with no air conditioning 
or fans...I could hear a pin drop!  


Mr. Squirrel was transformed back into a working pinkeep
while watching Monday night football...


I started with a small scrap of vintage dark olive drab velvet.



Then packed it very firmly with sawdust...



....and finished by distressing it with my secret antiquing 
methods to give it an old look. 

I decided to make a handmade acorn that 
would fit just right between his two paws...


The acorn was made in the same manner as the pinkeep,
except embellished with a real acorn cap!

I hope he'll be happy for many years to come
dressed in his new suit of clothes!

Next week, 
I'll be doing a free gift give away drawing for a
 similar handmade acorn...please watch for
all the details next week.


News Bulletin for
 "The Sheepish Needle Samplar Club" 


If you would like to become a Sheepish Needle Samplar
Club member, please click onto the above photo to
go to the direct Etsy listing for all the details.

The second club release is scheduled to ship on 
Friday, October 23rd. 

The above photo shows a sneak peek of the 
Civil War Reproduction fabric that will
be used in this project.

I'm working on finalizing the pattern so I can 
cut the linen and start stitching on the 
samplar over the weekend...hope to 
share a sneak peek of that on Monday.


I decided to fill my old wire garden basket with
the beautiful "Wild Bittersweet" that was 
gifted to me last week by my special 
friend Ona...


It was a perfect fit!




 I added some tall branches of daisy like weeds,
and nestled in my two dove decoys...what do
you think?


The highlight of my week was going over 
to my friend Ona's house to gather
more Bittersweet and Acorns...


This is her gorgeous "American Bittersweet" bush 
just loaded with branches of berries! 



This is a close up of the berries on the bush.




 My gatherings include from left to right...
basket of dead headed Marigold flowers, branches of 
American Bittersweet, and a basket of Acorns.



Acorns come in many different varieties, these are large
dark acorns.



 Plenty of wonderful acorn caps to add to my 
stash for making acorn pinkeeps!



 Dead headed Marigold's will be dried and their
seeds saved for next year.

I was excited to prep the Bittersweet branches for drying.

I started by attaching a looped string from the tops
of the branches.

Next, I removed all the green leaves, then hung
them to dry from the beam in the Studio.

I was excited to see how they would look the 
next morning...


WOW...most of the berries had popped overnight!



 And now they are ALL popped and ready to start 
drying!


All of the out of print charts shown on 
Monday were listed Thursday night
on Ebay as auctions all with 
starting bids of .99¢

If you are interested in any of them, 
here are the individual direct links that will take 
you directly to that listing by clicking onto
the individual photos.
























 Hope these wonderful hard to find patterns will
all find good new homes...best wishes on 
winning!


Weekend Soul Food 

Peace I leave with you,
my peace I give unto you:
not as the world giveth, give I unto you. 
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let if be afraid.

John 14:27...KJV


Wishing you a weekend filled with 
rest and happiness!

Autumn Blessings, Tammy 


7 comments:

  1. The squirrel turned out wonderfully and the acorn is the perfect addition! Your bittersweet is so beautiful ......many blessings for a fantastic weekend.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Squirrel turned out nice, he looks great.
    LOVE the Bittersweet.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the big,plump acorn you gave Mr. Squirrel. The squirrels are very busy here. Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Mr Squirrel...and the acorn. I miss collecting acorns...there are not here in Arizona. I should get someone from RI to mail me some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The squirrel looks so handsome now!

    Wish bittersweet grew here in CA. I would love to decorate with it.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that squirrel turned out just fantastic. I just enjoy seeing all of the things you find in your baskets. What treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it amazing how bittersweet transforms overnight?
    Such a sweet little squirrel pin cushion.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete