Monday, August 25, 2014

~ Down Abby's Lane ~

Hello dear friends and needleworkers.

Here in Wisconsin we're getting our first encounter with
hot, humid weather :(

Over the weekend while taking advantage of this 
opportunity to stay in the house..... I got a lot 
of stitching done :)

******

For my faithful followers who already know who 
Abby is, there may be those who don't, so 
I'd like to introduce everyone to my dear sweet
Abby ~ short for Abigail.....


Hi, I'm Abby Black!

My little friend is a wild rabbit, and here are some of 
Abby's baby pictures from this spring....


My son Samuel discovered our family of bunnies this spring
while mowing the grass.


Here she is all snuggled up with her siblings.....look at ALL 
those little bunny ears!


After a week of discovering them, they all split up, but 
little Abby stayed close to the farmhouse.  


I fell in love with her at first sight, and would look for her
every day so I could talk to her....


As she grew....so did our friendship!


Here she is just last week all grown up and so beautiful!

She loves to TRY and help me with WEED CONTROL here
on the farm.

 My son Sam took this awesome video.....
(Just click on the image to play)


I do believe Abby enjoys all the attention she gets from all
of us here on the farm....she definitely loves
posing for pictures....


Hope you enjoyed getting to meet me?

**********

This was really a great week for outstanding pictures 
here on the farm, I have not seen one of these in years.....


~ A Praying Mantis ~

My son Samuel took another great video for me....
(Click on the image to play)


I love the reflection as the Praying Mantis walks on the car....


It always amazes me how God created SO many unique 
insects and creatures!

One last insect....


Neat looking moth, nice color contrast with the black & mocha
markings.

**********

There are signs of summer's end all over the farm....


These pictures were taken by the pond here on our farm....


Everything is all overgrown and the pond is covered with algae.

No turtles today, but at night the frogs just go crazy...I love
 listening to them on a still dark night.

******

The farm fields are so pretty right now....


They are full of Autumn blooming plants.


The Goldenrod is now taking over the Purple Coneflower.


What an intense shade of yellow!


I love how pretty the Goldenrod looks in my old cobalt blue
jar....the folkart frog was carved by my Irishman. 

**********

Check out this round field mushroom....


I have no idea what kind of mushroom this is, but it's bigger
than it looks...


Like I said, you just never know what you'll come across next
here on this olde farm!

**********

Now, for a Studio update.

I started with a pencil sketch for my next upcoming Halloween
pattern.  I have it all charted, linen cut and threads chosen.

 The model is being stitched on 35ct. Weeks Dye Works 'Beige', and
I'm using Needlepoint Silk, but will include the DMC 
alternatives for this pattern.

I hope to have the stitching all complete by the end of this
week, so I can get this released the first week of
September.  


Here is a very small sneak peek....you may be very surprised
with the finished sampler!  

**********

On Thursday our oldest son Nathan and his family will be visiting
with us for a week.  

Nathan's work is moving them from Virginia to California 
for an eighteen month assignment.

Will be fun to see our little Granddaughter Rachel, who will
turn three October 26th.

**********

 ~WEEKLY SOUL FOOD ~

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation:
for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, 
which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

James 1:12...KJV

**********

Now, I must do some dusting, vacuuming, and moping....so
I'm ready for our Thursday guests!

Please come back and visit me on FRIDAY!

Blessings from the Studio of Scattered Seed Samplers,
~ Kindly, Tammy & Abby ~




3 comments:

  1. Miss Abby is a sweetheart. So nice your family will be together .... precious times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your little bunny-girl! and your bug-friends too! BUT ~ that isn't a praying mantis my friend, that is a large green leaf-hopper LOL!
    such a pretty moth with those autumn colors ~ and we have weird-growing mushrooms here in VA lately too, big puff-balls & orange sponge-y ones that stink like fish…BLECH!
    always enjoy my visits with you,
    Blessed be,
    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Abby is so cute. :)
    Thanks for sharing the pics of the wildflowers also.
    Can't wait to see more of this design.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete