Friday, August 29, 2014

~ The Olde Farmhouse ~

Hello dear friends and needleworkers.

My Thursday guests have arrived to a very clean farmhouse!
I cleaned like crazy from Monday through Thursday, 
and was very lucky to even have the wonderful
help from my husband Bill and Son Sam!

While I was busy dusting, vacuuming, scrubbing and all kinds
of other things in between, my guys mowed the lawn,
week whacked, shampooed rugs & carpets....it was a real
team effort.

Everything looks better after a good cleaning, so I thought 
I'd share a few glimpses of the olde farmhouse.....


~ Olde farmhouse guardian angel ~


This beautiful olde angel came out of St. Michael's Orphanage,
in La Crosse, Wisconsin many years ago before they 
tore the building down.


At one time it was painted, it had been setting outside for many
years before I rescued it about 22 years ago, and I've kept it
inside ever since....safe from the elements of nature.

*******

Hickory, dickory dock the mouse ran up the clock.....


Very old cats sit on top of my mother's grandfather clock.


The three big cats are over an 100 years old, and the little
white one is a newer mini reproduction.

The black cat is a sweet little wind up toy that rolls a tin ball.
It has green glass eyes, and is also over 100 years old.



And here is the little mouse that ran up the clock!  

My husband Bill carved this little clock mouse for me.  It has 
a leather tail, copper feet, and copper tack eyes.

*******


Old salt glazed jug with red berries....pretty for the harvest
season.  

*******


My collection of German Sheep.  This is the one thing that
I did NOT get dusted in my cleaning efforts.

I have been saving this project for a rainy day, because I want
to completely rearrange how I have everything displayed.

I will share pictures of the new arrangements before Christmas.


Two old 'Scottie' dogs share this old chair from France.

*******


An old trunk with some of my husband's carved wooden decoys
sits on a lovely woven cloth.


This wood decoy sits on top of my Grandmother's old
bench with iron legs.

*******


These are original Dayton Hudson Department Store display 
sheep that sit up on top of a very large amour from Europe...I will
try to get a picture of the amour when the lighting is better, 
the one I took didn't turn out.

*******


~ Lovely old sheep picture ~

*******

  
~ Display of three old mourning sheep ~


This one is solid concrete, and very heavy....luckily my husband
has this shelf anchored very well to the wall!


This one is solid marble with set in wooden ears, and again
very heavy.

*******


Small church pew that my husband bought me 22 years ago for my
first Mother's Day gift.  

*******

This is a wall in our kitchen with a pendulum clock that
came out of an old La Crosse Hotel.....I would really
like to replace the old wallpaper some day.

******* 

I will try to get more picture of the house, for some reason
I had a real problem with the lighting.

Now that my cleaning is caught up, all I can think about
is finishing my Halloween sampler!

I'll share a progress report on Monday.

Enjoy a wonderful weekend!

Blessings from the Old Farmhouse at Scattered Seed Samplers,
~ Kindly, Tammy ~

3 comments:

  1. I love your wallpaper. I think it's come back in style! I wouldn't change it. Your sheep collection is marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great treasures, that's for sure.
    Have fun while your company is here.
    Can't wait to see your new dsisgn.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, what a beautiful collection of treasures you have & a awesome home for them to be in! Can't wait to see what you've been working on...?

    ReplyDelete