Friday, October 17, 2014

~ Autumn Splendor ~

Hello and welcome friends to my Friday posting.
Are you ready for a relaxing weekend?

I sure am!  
I've been busy charting a new little
pinkeep pillow :)

Hoping to pull the linen and threads this afternoon so I can 
start stitching the model this weekend....yeah!

I'll share more details on Monday, so please 
stay tuned!

*******

Thought I'd share some Autumn pictures today.


~ Antique German Steiff Squirrel &
Antique wood thread holder ~


Too bad this little squirrel wasn't holding bittersweet like
the squirrel in my pattern for 
Bittersweet Gatherings Pinkeep Drum that was
released awhile back...they would have
made a great pair!


The pattern for this pinkeep drum is available
in my Etsy Shoppe.

*******

During the summer I had posted a picture of my Tiger Lilies
while they were blooming, and I had received a 
comment; asking if I ever tried drying them.

I had never tried it in the past, but thought it was a great 
idea, here is how they turned out....


I removed all the leaves from the stems first, then bound
them into a bundle, and hung them from a beam 
down in our cool dark basement.


I had actually COMPLETELY forgot about them until I was
taking the pictures of the bittersweet.

WARNING ~ Tiger Lilies are poisonous to CATS :(
Even a small amount of any lily ingested causes kidney failure.

*******

While I'm on the subject of hanging things from a beam, I'll
share some of my husband's art work that hangs from the 
center beam in my Studio.....


Over the years my husband has made me many different 
wooden decoy owls....no two are alike!


~ Night Watch ©2001 Black Slough Decoys by
Bill Black ~


These owls all have big glass eyes.


This one is my favorite....a tribute to '1953' my husband's birth year.


Can you tell my husband likes Patriotism?


~ Night Watch ©2006 Black Slough Decoys by Bill Black ~


This one is a tribute to '1961' my birth year.


~ Night Watch ©2007 Black Slough Decoys by Bill Black ~

These owls faithfully guard my Studio for me!

*******

There is a old golf course just around the corner from our farm, 
yesterday while heading over to the post office I was
in complete awe the this beautiful sight.....


~ TRUE AUTUMN SPLENDOR ~

*******

On Monday's I always end the post with ~ Weekly Soul Food ~
and have decided to add a new segment on Friday's postings

~ WEEKEND SOUL FOOD ~

Today look upward toward God, not downward towards yourself.

Look away from unpleasant surroundings, from lack of beauty, 
from the imperfections in yourself and in those around you.

In your unrest, behold God's calmness, 
in your impatience, God's patience,
in your limitations, God's perfection.

Looking upward toward God, your spirit will begin to grow.  Then others
will see something in you that they also want.  As you grow in the spiritual life, you will be enabled to do many things that seemed too hard for you before.

~ FRIDAY'S PRAYER ~

I pray that I may keep my eyes trained above the horizon of
myself, and that the hidden power within me may 
be released.  

*******

Enjoy a relaxing weekend filled with the 'Autumn Splendor'
in your neighborhood.

Scattered Blessings,
~ Kindly, Tammy ~




5 comments:

  1. Lovely post, how wonderful that your husband has such talent the Owls are terrific! Blessings....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is beautiful in its own way ..... hmmm I believe this is a song too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi there, My husband carves his decoys as custom orders....if you let me know which particular owl decoy you like I can give you a price. You can either contact me through my email scatteredseedsamplers@gmail.com or you can call either (608) 786-5000 (home) and talk to my husband Bill, or my work cell (608) 799-4418.

      Delete