Monday, October 27, 2014

~ Autumn Walk~

Hello dear friends and stitchers.

This has been one of the busiest days ever!!!

I've been trying all day to sit down to write this post....finally
some quiet time!

I'd like to take a moment and kindly thank everyone from
The Primitive Stitchers Society, and my blog followers 
for the wonderful response I received on the 
pattern I released Friday for

"Hannah's Thankful Heart".

All the support and kind words of encouragement
are TRULY appreciated!

*******

Sunday was an absolutely gorgeous day!

What a lovely opportunity to get some fall yard clean up
taken care of.

After I was all done I decided to take a walk here on the 
farm.  


 It seems like just yesterday our Purple Coneflower was in 
full bloom....now it's gone to seed.

If you look closely you can see all the little dark seeds, and if you 
you shake the plant the seeds come falling out.


They're getting ready to take their long winter's nap.
I look forward to their return next summer.

***

Next, I came upon some milkweed plants...


I had to look really hard to find some closed pods because 
most of them have also gone to seed.


While taking these picture there was a gentle breeze that created
such a great effect!


So soft and fluffy!

***

I love this next picture of a hidden surprise....


An abandoned birds nest tucked in a thicket of vines!


Just think of all the hard work that birds put into making 
their special nest to raise their families!

****

As I continued my walk, I was surprised to come upon
a small splash of bright color....


Such a pretty bright shade of yellow!

****

Next, a few more plants/weeds that have gone to seed....


Hairy looking puff balls with thorny leaves.


I'm pretty sure this is a weed of some sort?

****

Almost back to the farmhouse, and in the distance I can see
our Linden Tree on the edge of the yard.....


The leaves just keep falling!

****

This last picture I had to ask my husband about because
I had never noticed this in our Coneflower field before.....


A pipe sticking up out of the ground with a piece of old wood
and a porcelain fence insulator on it.....looks just
like a cross?

My husband knew exactly what I was referring too, and said
he had a "No Trespassing" sign attached to it at 
one time!

There's usually a good explanation for everything!

*******

~ STUDIO NEWS ~

I'm trying to finalize my thoughts for the Christmas
patterns that I need to start charting.

I'm hoping to get started on these next projects
on Tuesday :)

On Friday hopefully some of the packages that I've been
waiting to share with you will have arrived! 

*******

~ WEEKLY SOUL FOOD ~

But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering.
For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea
driven with the wind and tossed.

~ James 1:6...KJV ~

*******

Have a great week all my friends!

Blessing from the Studio of 
Scattered Seed Samplers,

~Kindly, Tammy ~

4 comments:

  1. Lovely walk..looking forward to your news you will be sharing...many blessings for a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even weeds are beautiful!
    Love the bird's nest.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy taking a walk with you this day....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics of the milk weed pods. I remember playing with them as a kid but there aren't very many of them around here. The Monarch butterflies love to feed on them. Can't wait to hear what your packages are...

    ReplyDelete