Monday, May 11, 2015

~ Gold Rush Gatherings ~

 Hello friends...welcome to a new week and new beginnings!

If you're a mom, I hope your day was very special
and you were treated like a "Queen"!

Saturday morning Matilda and I headed out for the 
Gold Rush Antique show in Rochester, Minnesota.

The weather was great and except for a few miles of major road
 construction on Interstate 90 the drive was relaxing.

Here is a glimpse of SOME of my favorite purchases...


I immediately fell in love with this sweet whitewashed basket.

It reminded me of a lovely basket I saw in the 
 Jeanne d' Arc Living Magizine!

I'm a very weak woman when it comes to old pinkeeps!

♦♦♦

There are both inside and outside vendors set up
 at Gold Rush, all my favorite dealers are in the
 buildings...so that's where I always start.


This was a great cabinet, but very high priced...hope it 
finds a good new home!



So much to look at!



Nice display of early stools...I'll save my money for 
something I don't already have!



I like the wooden boxes, but again I'll keep looking!



Love those crocks!



I like the small basket sitting on top of the blanket, but I really
want a whitewashed one!



I took this picture for all the cat lover's out there!

What a great iron cat bench!

♦♦♦

After many hours of going through all the buildings
I finally walked around outside....


I have lots of tables with treadle irons, but this one is unique
with an old floor grate for the top!



I know we have a couple old treadle irons out in the barn...now I
just need to find an old floor grate.



Look at this flock of  Nubian Goats!  

I took this picture hoping my son Samuel will make me one
of these...he's really good at welding iron!

♦♦♦

After doing all my finally wheeling & dealing my feet 
were killing me and Matilda's wheels started squeaking, plus
she was filled to maximum capacity!

I was so happy to see my "SAMPLAR" plate in the distance!  


Matilda really worked hard for me today, plus she must have
received over 100 compliments!  



The two big bags of Kettle Corn were requested by my guys back 
home who couldn't come with me today.

♦♦♦

It's always exciting to go bumming for the day, but such
a joy to get back home to my comfort zone!


Sunday I had fun adding my loot to the Studio.

I was so excited to find the small wire waste basket to match 
my large one.  

These wire baskets are both stamped on the bottom
"Nemco" the Northwestern Expanded Metal Co., Chicago, Ill.
Dated November 2, 1909.

I filled the small one with flax fiber and carded wool.

♦♦♦

I even found a bunch of old zinc canning jar lids, perfect for 
making pinkeeps...


 This long narrow drawer was only $5.00 and holds 
the lids so nicely!

♦♦♦


 These old dough bowls come in handy for so many different 
things...my mind is already full of ideas!

♦♦♦

I've saved the best for last....


 A pair of black and white cast iron rabbits painted with original
oil based paint.

These rabbits are REALLY HEAVY, I couldn't use Matilda to 
haul these, the dealer held them for me until I could 
pick them up with my car.


My rabbits are the same as the one shown in this photo...only
painted.

♦♦♦

The dark purple Lilacs are just starting to bloom...


By next week this bush will be just beautiful!

♦♦♦

~ Weekly Soul Food ~

The aged women likewise, that they be in
behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers,
not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
That they my teach the young women to be sober, to 
love their husbands, to love their children,
To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, 
obedient to their own husbands, that the work of
God be not blasphemed.

~ Titus 2:3-5...KJV ~

♦♦♦

Today the weather is cold and blustery...windows are shut,
sweater back on and coffee in hand!

Have a great week friends...I look forward to sharing
again on Friday.

Kindly, Tammy
Scattered Seed Samplers
~♥~











4 comments:

  1. Your weather should arrive in Ohio tomorrow.
    Oh, how I love your new/old treasures. Those pinkeeps are just too wonderful.
    What a great show!!! Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I am excited for you about the rabbit pair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful finds, love the bunnies. the pinkeep is lovely.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE Cabinet and the cat bed would have really tempted me, what a fabulous show. Looks as if Mathilda did you right, who knew she could carry so much! Love those rabbits on the sidewalk, I know I have seen them somewhere before, ah, but to find THAT many! OKAY, do tell, Is that RABBIT TOPIARY IN YOUR YARD??!!!!

    ReplyDelete