Friday, May 8, 2015

~ Matilda Market Cart ~

A big hello to all my friends, and welcome to 
my Friday post.

This week just flew by way too quickly!

On Thursday I needed to make a quick unexpected road
trip all the way to Madison to pick up "A Needle in a Haystack"!

Before I show you my very hard to find treasure, 
look at what else I found on my way home...


Gorgeous silk ribbon to add to my finishing stash!

Now, to tell you all about my "Needle in a Haystack" find!

It all started after drooling over one of the 
Williamsburg, PSS Retreat photos....


These three lovely ladies traveled all the way from Canada
to attend the retreat...look at those great 
chocolate brown wicker carts!

They kindly posted the company info as ~


But, unfortunately this Matilda Rolling Market Cart 
was discontinued last July :(

Before giving up I clicked onto the "store locator"
 typed in my zip for a store nearest me, and 
Tadah...Middleton, Wisconsin came up!

I quickly called them up and was told the same 
thing, BUT their computer was showing ONE 
available in their store inventory!

It was being used as a display prop way up high on a 
shelf.  The clerk said he'd hold it for me if I wanted it...my 
unexpected trip to Madison!

I truly found "A Needle in a Haystack"....


I'm now the proud owner of a Matilda Rolling Market Cart.


The basket is rattan and handle is bamboo.


Lots of room for plenty of loot!


The hang tag shows the dimensions.


The flip side shows the SKU number.

Please give it a try like I did and hopefully you'll
be able to track down a stray one also!

I'll be taking mine on its first antiquing venture Saturday....


I wait all year for Gold Rush...my favorite show in my area!

If you're planning on going and see a lady pushing a 
Matilda cart, please stop me and say Hi!

♦♦♦

There has been a lot of talk on other blogs  
about this magazine....


Jeanne d' Arc Living ~ Denmark

I quickly found out this is not a magazine that you can
just pick up at your local Barnes and Noble!

This is a specialty magazine offered only through 
arts and crafts, flower and lifestyle shops.

I just had to get my hands on an issue, so I ordered this
one from Etsy for $12.00 with free shipping.

Lets randomly page through it together...


First of all, this magazine is 144 pages of full color photos
with ZERO advertising, expect for a few ads on the
 last couple of pages...WOW!


Love the beautiful Ironstone pitchers...maybe I'll find
one at Gold Rush?



The quality of the paper and photos is exceptional!



You'll be filled with endless decorating ideas!



So far I love everything about this magazine!



My mind is filled with great ideas for re~freshing my bedroom!



 The back cover features their address,
web site and phone number.

So what do you think of this magazine?

♦♦♦

~ Weekly Soul Food ~

But thou, when thou prayest,
enter into thy closet, and when 
thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy  
Father which is in secret; and thy Father 
which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

~ Matthew 6:6...KJV ~

♦♦♦

Have a great weekend filled with all the special 
things you enjoy in life!

Kindly, Tammy
  Scattered Seed Samplers



4 comments:

  1. What a fun post. Good for you! I know how it is when you HAVE to have something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a knack of finding the neatest things. No doubt new treasures await you at Gold Rush .... have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you so lucked out on that cart! I am pretty good at hunting down treasures, I am going to find one. I do have a fabulous, similar "basket on wheels" probably from the 1940's and still in great condition, but I would not want to take it shopping. The Mathilda? Indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAHOOO! I did some sleuthing, found a resource and am now on a waiting list to get one of those carts! Thanks for telling us about it.

    ReplyDelete