Thursday, May 15, 2014

~ New Needle Minder Arrivals ~

Today has been a very busy & productive day!

I even found time to list some of 
the new goodies that arrived a couple of days ago.

I will share with you the new needle minders that I've added
to my Etsy Shoppe.  Plus, I also added the scissor stands that I 
featured yesterday.

~ Running Hare ~

~ Sheep at Night ~

~ Folkart Willow ~

~ Saltbox Hill ~

These sweet needle minders give such a lovely 
extra touch to make stitching even
more enjoyable than it already
is!


For those of you who may already be a passionate collector 
or if your thinking you might enjoy becoming a 
collector ~ here are three very highly 
recommended reference books
from my personal
 library stash.

~ Book #1 ~ Front Cover ~

Antique Needlework Tools & Embroideries by
Nerylla Taunton.  This is a absolutely beautiful 220 page
hard cover book.  Full of incredible color photos.

~ Back Cover~

These books are not only full of beautiful photos, they
also include so much history and interesting
fact & tips for the needlewoman at heart ~♥~

~ Book #2 ~ Front Cover ~

Needlework Tools & Accessories ~ A Dutch Tradition by
Kay Sullivan.  This book contains 224 pages and 
is also hard cover.

~ Back Cover ~

I used to go antiquing nearly every weekend to find
my goodies, but now with Ebay & Etsy they have 
opened new doors to gaining access to really
rare & hard to find items that I would 
never have found locally :)

~ Book #3 ~ Front Cover ~

The Story of Antique Needlework Tools by 
Bridget McConnel.  This book even includes a price guide, 
is hard cover with 247 pages.

~ Back Cover ~

These are all wonderful picture books to have fun just
looking at, dreaming about or filling yourself 
with great knowledge!

These three book that I have featured here today
may be a little harder to find....but not impossible with
the help from the internet!  Also, these three are 
bigger books than the ones I featured yesterday and 
will be a bit higher in price.


Here is a little sampler that I did years ago ~


If I remember correctly, this was a complimentary chart from
The Heart's Content ~ Greenbay, Wisconsin.

I think it was titled "Harvey"

I stitched my over one thread....so it's not very big 
about 1.5" W by 2.5" H.



Today I leave you with this peaceful pasture scene.  
The grass is so bright & green.....I love the 
spring time of year!

I have some nearby neighbors who have already sheared 
their sheep for spring.

Have a lovely day....until tomorrow

Kindly, Tammy ~











2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, now you've gone and done it; Rabbits AND Sheep needle keepers??! I have to add them to the collection and they would make wonderful gifts for needle-working friends. I haven't sheared my sheep yet, it's a dirty job, but when I am finished I have bags and bags of wool and my 3 sheep are very grateful for cooling them off. I'm with you about acquiring antiques off ebay , it is so much easier to find exactly what you want and shop from the comfort of an armchair. I am really enjoying your blog, you have a love for so many of my favorite things and I am still blown away by the fabulous treasures in your studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember visiting The Heart's Content! Is it still open for business?

    ReplyDelete